Meeting & Awards Picnic on Sunday, June 27th
We will hold a Meeting and Awards picnic on June 27 at 11 AM at the Northern Faquier Community Park, 4155 Monroe Pkwy, Marshall, VA 20115 at the Lakeview Pavilion. For a map of the park, see Northern Fauquier County Community Park and Sports Complex map.
This is a great way to honor all the members and dogs who worked hard last year, and achieved much despite all the difficulties. In addition to handing out awards, there will be:
- Canine Good Citizen (CGC) tests. This is limited to the first 10 dogs at a cost of $10. You must reserve a spot with Melissa Jennings (email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-497-2985) by June 10.
- Silent auction for rolling grooming box donated by Judy Boxer’s estate. Minimum bid $50.
- Schnauzer-themed door prizes.
We have arranged for Red Dog Food Truck to provide the picnic which will be serived at 12 noon. While the food is free (non-members are welcome but must pay for their lunch), you must place an order by June 1. Choose from:
- Choice of pulled pork, chicken sandwich or vegetarian – cheese quesadilla with peppers and onion
- Choice of fries or chips
- Choice of cole slaw or beans
- Choice of water or soda
- Desert (TBD)
From the Washington Beltway, take I-66 West to the Business Route 17 exit North towards Marshall. Turn Right on Old Stockyard Rd. At the intersection with Rt. 55, turn right. After 1.3 miles, turn left onto Monroe Parkway. Pavilion is on your left by the lake. Look for PVSSC signs.