2019 PVSSC / AKC ANNUAL AWARDS
The Potomac Valley Standard Schnauzer Club is pleased to offer an award plaque for each new championship, grand championship (at the various levels), obedience, rally obedience, tracking, agility, lure coursing, flyball or herding title earned by its members’ dogs during the 2018 calendar year. Versatility award(s) (multiple titles which can be gained over multiple years) are also offered. In addition, the PVSSC will offer an award plaque for the following:
- Conformation Dog of the Year & Opposite Sex
- Owner-Handled Standard Schnauzer of the Year & Opposite Sex
- Obedience Dog of the Year & Opposite Sex
- Agility Dog of the Year & Opposite Sex
- Versatility Award(s)
- Stud Dog & Brood Bitch of the Year
- Junior Handler of the Year
- Herding Dog of the Year & Opposite Sex
- Rally Dog of the Year & Opposite Sex
- Performance Dog of the Year & Opposite Sex
- AKC Title Plaque Application Form
- Certificate Application for Non-AKC Titles
The Awards Committee summarizes the changes to the awards rules for 2019 in Letter to the members December 2, 2018. The rules for applying for an award are explained in 2019 PVSSC AKC Annual Awards–Rules and Explanations.
To be eligible for an award, the dog must be owned by a PVSSC member in good standing (dues are paid on time) who has attended at least two PVSSC events during the awards calendar year. Co-owned dogs must have resided the majority of the awards calendar year (that is, 51%) with the PVSSC member submitting the request for the award.
Pam Minnich is the Awards chair. Send completed application forms by USPS mail (postmarked no later than February 1) to the appropriate person listed below (addresses in rules document):
- Conformation awards: Nicole Miller
- Performance awards: Michelle Bell
You can also email completed applications WITH SIGNATURE to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Forms MUST BE submitted by February 1, 2019.
Awards results will not be released prior to the Awards Banquet. Any questions about eligibility, the process, how to count points, etc., should be referred to the Awards Committee prior to the deadline.