Potomac Valley Standard Schnauzer Club
The Standard Schnauzer is a robust, heavy-set dog, sturdily built, with a dense harsh no-shed coat. A medium-sized dog, he is knee high and 35 to 45 pounds. The Standard Schnauzer combines a spirited temperament with extreme reliability. Excellent with children and friends, he is still the guardian of his home and family.
The club was founded 50 years ago as the AKC-sanctioned local specialty club for the greater Washington DC area. The PVSSC is one of the breed’s largest and most active specialty organizations. In the past 50 years members have finished over 1000 AKC Champions and many obedience and performance titlists.
- Saturday, March 26: Meeting and program on Canine Nosework, McLean, VA.
- Saturday, April 23: Supported Entry and Meeting at Old Dominion KC, Timonium, MD.
- Saturday, May 7: Annual Awards Dinner at Alfio’s La Trattoria, 4515 Willard Ave, Chevy Chase, MD 20815
- Saturday and Sunday, June 18-19: PVSSC Barn Hunt Trial & Picnic (on Saturday). Splashdown Farm, Severn, MD.
- Sunday, Aug 28: PVSSC B/OB Match, CTA Building, Beltsville, MD.
- Sunday, Oct 2: PVSSC Annual Specialty, Old Dominion KC, Millwood, VA.
- Saturday, November 5: Lure-Coursing fun Day at Wing & Wheel Farm, Marshall, VA.
Meeting Saturday, February 27
Location: Home of Gail Mackiernan and Barry Cooper, Silver Spring, MD 20904
Program: Let’s Talk About Barn Hunt!
Click Next Meeting or see WireTap for more details and directions to the meeting.
Quick – Links
Click to see the PVSSC list of approved breeders, puppies available and upcoming litters.
ACKNOWLEDGMENTS: The Potomac Valley Standard Schnauzer Club would like to thank the Standard Schnauzer Club of America for much of the text concerning the breed and history. It would also like to recognize one of its members, Gail Mackiernan, for the beautiful pen and ink drawings. Please e-mail comments, suggestions or corrections for these web pages to Betsy Davison. Make sure the e-mail has the subject header: ‘PVSSC website.’