Potomac Valley Standard Schnauzer Club
The Standard Schnauzer is a robust, heavy-set dog, sturdily built, with a dense harsh no-shed coat. A medium-sized dog, he is knee high and 35 to 45 pounds. The Standard Schnauzer combines a spirited temperament with extreme reliability. Excellent with children and friends, he is still the guardian of his home and family.
The club was founded 50 years ago as the AKC-sanctioned local specialty club for the greater Washington DC area. The PVSSC is one of the breed’s largest and most active specialty organizations. In the past 50 years members have finished over 1000 AKC Champions and many obedience and performance titlists.
- Saturday, May 21: The Canine Breeder Excellence Seminar will be held from 8:30 am-5:30 pm at the veterinary college facility located at 205 Duck Pond Drive in Blacksburg, Virginia. Sponsor: Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine and the Theriogenology Foundation. For more information, see: Theriogenology Foundation.
- Sunday, Aug 28: PVSSC B/OB Match, CTA Building, Beltsville, MD.
- Sunday, Oct 2: PVSSC Annual Specialty, Old Dominion KC, Millwood, VA. These trophies still need sponsors!! Please donate money towards a trophy for our specialty. Contact Carol Filer or Gail Pfeiffer for more information.
- Saturday, November 5: Lure-Coursing fun Day at Wing & Wheel Farm, Marshall, VA.
Meeting: Saturday and Sunday, June 18-19
Program: PVSSC Barn Hunt Trial & Picnic (on Saturday).
Location: Splashdown Farm, Severn, MD.
Time: 7:30 AM check-in for barn hunt.
Click Next Meeting or see WireTap for more details and directions to the meeting.
Quick – Links
- These trophies for PVSSC specialty still need sponsors!!
- Application for PVSSC membership: PVSSC application form.
For details, please contact the Membership chairperson, Karen Ioffredo.
- Puppies Available
- Barn Hunt Cheat Sheet cheat sheet by Candace Craig.
- Photos on our Picassa Channel (no login needed)
Click to see the PVSSC list of approved breeders, puppies available and upcoming litters.
ACKNOWLEDGMENTS: The Potomac Valley Standard Schnauzer Club would like to thank the Standard Schnauzer Club of America for much of the text concerning the breed and history. It would also like to recognize one of its members, Gail Mackiernan, for the beautiful pen and ink drawings. Please e-mail comments, suggestions or corrections for these web pages to Betsy Davison. Make sure the e-mail has the subject header: ‘PVSSC website.’