Potomac Valley Standard Schnauzer Club
The Standard Schnauzer is a robust, heavy-set dog, sturdily built, with a dense harsh no-shed coat. A medium-sized dog, he is knee high and 35 to 45 pounds. The Standard Schnauzer combines a spirited temperament with extreme reliability. Excellent with children and friends, he is still the guardian of his home and family.
The club was founded 50 years ago as the AKC-sanctioned local specialty club for the greater Washington DC area. The PVSSC is one of the breed’s largest and most active specialty organizations. In the past 50 years members have finished over 1000 AKC Champions and many obedience and performance titlists.
Be a champion to our dogs–complete the 2015 Standard Schnauzer Health Survey TODAY!
- August 23 (Sunday)–PVSSC AKC B/OB Sanctioned Match, CTA Building, Beltsville, MD
- September 26 & 27 (Saturday and Sunday)–Back-to-back PVSSC-Supported Entry Shows, Warrenton & Old Dominion K.C., Historic Long Branch Farm, Millwood, VA. Plus Warrenton K.C. show on Friday September, September 25.
- October 25 (Sunday)–Rally Obedience Workshop, CTA Building, Beltsville, MD
- November 14 (Saturday)–Lure-Coursing Fun Day & Luncheon, Wing & Wheel Farm, Marshall, VA
- December 5 (Saturday)–PVSSC Holiday Party, Site TBA
Sunday, August 23–Annual Breed/Obedience Sanctioned Match
Canine Training Association (CTA) Building, 6826 Distibution Drive, Beltsville, MD. See the Flyer and Entry Form for more information.
Click Next Meeting or see WireTap for more details and directions to the meeting.
Quick – Links
Click to see the PVSSC list of approved breeders, puppies available and upcoming litters.
ACKNOWLEDGMENTS: The Potomac Valley Standard Schnauzer Club would like to thank the Standard Schnauzer Club of America for much of the text concerning the breed and history. It would also like to recognize one of its members, Gail Mackiernan, for the beautiful pen and ink drawings. Please e-mail comments, suggestions or corrections for these web pages to Betsy Davison. Make sure the e-mail has the subject header: ‘PVSSC website.’